Example files are available to registered members only... Register and login !

Author Topic: sheet with too many linecharts + barcharts  (Read 1610 times)

Offline jya

• SfE user
sheet with too many linecharts + barcharts
« on: May 15, 2012, 11:57:42 PM »
Hello,
I have a sheet contains more than 100 sparklines (line chart + bar chart) where the numbers are calculated quite frequently. For now, I have the cell function like "=linechart(;;;;)", but I feel desperate needs to port this into vba code as each sparklines cells respond to sheet_calculation. Is there a way for me to acquire the sparklines shape without keeping the cell function typed in the cell?
In terms of implementation, I was thinking of repeating 100 times of the following steps 1~3.
1. Type the function into the cell 2. call drawcharts 3. clear the cell
Is there a better way for me to do so?
Thank you very much for the effort you put together. I'm truly grateful for the tool you've developed.

Offline Fabrice

• Administrator
  • Creator of Sparklines for Excel
    • Sparklines for Excel
Re: sheet with too many linecharts + barcharts
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 01:04:40 PM »
Hi,

there is already a way to solve this situation.
In the menu Sparklines >> Tools (see screenshot attached), select "Deactivate Sparklines"

All the sparklines formulas on the current worksheet like "=Linechart(A1:A12)" will be replaced with "[Deactivated]=Linechart(A1:A12)" and therefore will not be recalculated each time your file is updated.

in order to update the Sparklines, use Sparklines >> Tools >> "Activate Sparklines".

If you want to have a quicker access to this feature (icon in the ribbon) or any other customization of SfE for specific purpose, let me know.
Fabrice Rimlinger - Creator of Sparklines for Excel
MacBook Pro Retina
Office 2011 for Mac
Virtual machine : Windows 7 - Office 2013 x32

Offline jya

• SfE user
Re: sheet with too many linecharts + barcharts
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 08:01:36 PM »
oh thank you very much for your prompt reply. I found the vba code in the form. Thank you once again!